THE CONSTRUCTION AND ANALYSIS OF GENERALIZED MODEL OF RESOURCE SHARING FOR LTE TECHNOLOGY WITH FUNCTIONALITY OF NB-IoT
Sergey N. Stepanov, MTUCI, Moscow, Russia, email@example.com
Mikhail S. Stepanov, MTUCI, Moscow, Russia, firstname.lastname@example.org
Elena E. Malikova, MTUCI, Moscow, Russia
Ariunaa Tsogbadrakh, Ulan Bator, Mongolia
Juvent Ndayikunda, Bujumbura, Burundi, email@example.com
The model of resource sharing for 3GPP LTE technology with functionality of standardized NarrowBand IoT (NB-IoT) technology is constructed. Two types of traffic are considered. One comes from wireless video surveillance cameras. The flows of corresponding requests follow Poisson model if number of requests sources is large or Engset model if number of requests sources is small. Another type of traffic comes from machine-type communications of different kinds of smart meters. The flow of corresponding requests follows Poisson model with batch arrivals and possibility of waiting if all resource units are occupied. The number of waiting positions and maximum allowed time of waiting are restricted. The time of servicing of all types of requests has exponential distribution with parameter depending on the type of the flow. Using the model the definitions of main performance measures are given with help of values of probabilities of model’s stationary states. They are include the ratio of lost requests, the mean value of resource units occupied by requests of each type considered in the model, the mean value of the file transfer time, the mean value of waiting time for requests of machine- type communications. As a particular cases the model include cases when only traffic from video surveillance cameras is considered and only traffic of machine-type communications is considered. The system of state equations that relates the probabilities of model’s stationary states is derived.
The model can be used for study the scenarios of resource sharing between LTE and NB-IoT traffic flows.
Keywords: multiservice models, resource sharing, finite number of sources, performance measures,
system of state equations.
- Golyshko A.V., Stepanov S.N., Tichvinskiy V.O., Terentiev S.V. (2007). Expert-analytical system for analysis of innovative solution presented on telecommunication market. Elektrosviaz. No. 7, pp.32-36 (in Russian)
- Stepanov S.N. (2010). The fundamentals of teletrafic of multiservice networks. Moscow: Eqo-Trends. 392 p. (in Russian)
- Stepanov S.N. (2015). Teletrafic theory: concepts, models, applications. Moscow: Hotline-Telecom. 868 p. (in Russian)
- Begishev V., Petrov V., Samuylov A., Moltchanov D., Andreev S., Koucheryavy Y., Samouylov K. (2018). Resource Allocation and Sharing for Heterogeneous Data Collection over Conventional 3GPP LTE and Emerging NB-IoT Technologie. Computer Communications. Vol. 120. No 2, pp. 93-101.
- Stepanov S.N., Stepanov M.S.(2017). Planning transmission resource at joint servicing of the multiservice real time and elastic data Automation and Remote Control. Vol. 78, no. 11, pp. 2004-2015.
- Stepanov S.N., Stepanov M.S. (2018). The Model and Algorithms for Estimation the Performance Measures of Access Node Serving the Mixture of Real Time and Elastic Data. In: Vishnevskiy V., Kozyrev D. (eds) Distributed Computer and Communication Networks. DCCN 2018. Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS), vol 919, pp.264-275. Springer, Cham.
- Stepanov S.N., Stepanov M.S. (2018). Planning the Resource of Information Transmission for Connection Lines of Multiservice Hierarchical Access Networks. Automation and Remote Control.
79, No. 8, pp. 1422-1433.
- Vasiliev A.P., Stepanov S.N. (2016). The construction and analysis of mathematical models of a dynamic distribution channel resource for group requests of data transfer. T-Comm. Vol. 10. No.11, pp. 55-59.
- Stepanov S.N., Romanov A.M. (2014). Real-Time traffic service modeling specialties of a finite user group and data traffic with a dynamically changeable transmission speed on access lines. T-Comm. Vol. 8. No. 12, pp. 91-93. (in Russian)
- Stepanov S.N., Romanov A.M., Osia D.L. (2015). Construction and analysing of data transmission model on access line with finite number of subscribers. T-Comm. Vol. 9. No.9, pp. 29-34. (in Russian)
Information about authors:
Sergey N. Stepanov, professor, doctor of science, MTUCI, head of the chair of communication networks and commutation systems, Moscow, Russia
Mikhail S. Stepanov, docent, Cand. Tech. Sciences, MTUCI, the chair of communication networks and commutation systems, Moscow, Russia
Elena E. Malikova, docent, Cand. Tech. Sciences, MTUCI, the chair of communication networks and commutation systems, Moscow, Russia
Ariunaa Tsogbadrakh, PhD student, MTUCI, the chair of communication networks and commutation systems, Ulan Bator, Mongolia
Juvent Ndayikunda, PhD student, MTUCI, the chair of communication networks and commutation systems, Bujumbura, Burundi