APPLICATION OF THE EVIEWS PROGRAM FOR THE ANALYSIS OF SECURE COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS BASED ON CHAÎTIC SIGNALS BASED ON BDS STATISTICS
Aleksei A. Gavrishev, Stavropol, Russia, firstname.lastname@example.org
Aleksandr P. Zhuk, Stavropol, Russia, email@example.com
Currently, one of the promising areas in the field of secure communication systems is the use of chaotic signals. Great interest are the analysis of communication systems based on chaotic signals. Among the basic methods of analysis, linear and nonlinear methods are distinguished. Among promising methods for analyzing transmitted chaotic signals, one of the nonlinear methods, BDS statistics, is considered, which is based on the statistical properties of the correlation dimension of the process under study in phase space, which in turn is determined by the correlation integral. The mathematical apparatus of BDS-statistics is described. It is noted that many publications do not explicitly indicate the software used to calculate BDS statistics. This circumstance restricts the use of BDS statistics for solving various problems, for example, analysis of communication systems based on chaotic signals. The authors indicate software implementations, with the help of which it is possible to calculate BDS statistics. As the software for calculating BDS-statistics, the econometric package of programs EViews 10 Student Version Lite was chosen. Using the example of modeling one of the communication systems based on chaotic signals in the ScicosLab environment and analyzing the received data in the EViews 10 Student Version Lite software package, it is confirmed that the BDS-statistics is a powerful tool for the analysis of chaotic signals. To do this, using the scheme of the communication system under consideration and two generators of chaotic signals (the Ressler attractor and the perturbed Van der Pol oscillator), various temporal realizations of the signals transmitted in the communication channel were obtained. Based on these temporal realizations, phase portraits and BDS statistics are obtained. An analysis of the obtained data shows that the signals formed generally refer to chaotic processes. To reduce the likelihood of successful use of BDS statistics as a method of analyzing communication systems based on chaotic signals, one should either complicate the structure of the transmitted signal, making it similar to white noise, or use a potentially infinite number of sets of different classes of chaotic sequences and their periodic change.
Keywords: wireless link, BDS-statistics, secure communication systems, chaotic signals.
1. Kolesov V. V., Polubekhin A. I., Chigin E. P., Yurin A. D. Application of discrete chaotic algorithms in broadband telecommunication systems (2016). Vestnik SibGUTI. No. 3. Pp. 77-92 (In Russian).
2. Vasyuta C. S., Kushnir A. I., Ozerov S. V. Analyzing methods for detection of chaotic signals (2013). Prikladnaja radiojelektronika. V. 12. No. 4. Pp. 553-558 (In Russian).
3. Vasyuta C. S. Classification of process in infocomunication radiotehnic systems using BDS-statistics (2012). Problemy telekomunikatsiy. No. 4(90). Pp. 63-71 (In Russian).
4. Vasyuta C. S. A new approach to estimation of the parameters of chaotic signals observed on the background noise, using the «nonlinear dynamic statistics» (2010). Problemy telekomunikatsiy. No. 1(1).Pp. 109-114 (In Russian).
5. Barysheva E. N., Nikishov V. N. Models of an estimation of financial parameters in view of their stochasticity and chaotic condition (2012). Vestnik of Samara State University. No. 4 (95). Pp. 115-126 (In Russian).
6. Jorge Belaire-Franch, Dulce Contreras-Bayarri The BDS Test: A Practitioner’s Guide. Working paper. University of Valencia. 2002. 22 P. URL: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/28142201_The_BDS_Test_A_Practitioners_Guide (date of access: 30.04.2018).
7. Smirnov A., Dreis Y., Danilenko D. Statistical properties of traffic based on BDS-tests for realizing system of intrusion detection and prevention in a telecommunications network (2014). Ukrainian Information Security Research Journal. V. 16. No. 2. Pp. 158-167 (In Russian).
8. Kanzler L. «BDS: MATLAB module to calculate Brock, Dechert & Scheinkman test for independence». IDEAS: Economics and Finance Research. 1998. University of Connecticut. URL: http://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/t871803.html#provider (date of access: 31.03.2018).
9. Mohammad Nabi Shahiki Tash, Mosayeb Pahlvani A Study on Non-Linear and Chaotic Behavior of Iran’s Economic Growth (2012). International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences. V.2. No. 10. Pp. 373-382.
10. SAS/ETS 14.1 User’s Guide The AUTOREG Procedure. URL: https://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/ets/141/autoreg.pdf (date of access: 31.03.2018).
11. EViews 10 Student Version for Windows & Mac. URL: http://www.eviews.com/EViews10/EViews10SV/evstud10.html (date of access: 31.03.2018).
12. Barketov S.V., Zhuk A.P., Sazonov V.V., Avdeenko S.I., Zhuk E.P., Lokhov V.I., Golub’ J.S. Kogerentnaja sistema peredachi informacii haoticheskimi signalami [Coherent data transmission system using random signals]. (2008). Patent RF. no. 2326500. 6 p. (In Russian).
13. Osipov D.L., Zhuk A.P., Gavrishev A.A. Ustrojstvo imitozashhity kontroliruemyh ob’ektov s povyshennoj strukturnoj skrytnost’ju signalov-perenoschikov [Apparatus for protection against imitation of controlled objects with high structural security of carrier signals]. (2015). Patent RF. no. 2560824. 15 p. (In Russian).
14. Gavrishev A.A, Zhuk A.P. Simulation of apparatus for protection against imitation of controlled objects with high structural security of carrier signals. (2017). Prikladnaya informatika — Journal of Applied Informatics. V. 12. No. 1 (67). Pp. 68-78 (In Russian).
15. Layec A. «Modnum». Scilab toolbox for the communication systems. User’s guide. IRCOM Group. 2006. 100 p.
16. Gavrishev A.A, Zhuk A.P. Simulation of apparatus for protection against imitation of controlled objects with new set of chaotic signals. (2017). Prikladnaya informatika — Journal of Applied Informatics. V. 12. No. 4 (70). Pp. 122-132 (In Russian).
17. Trunov A.Ju., Kushh S.M. Upravlinnja parametrami vihidnih signaliv generator³v haotichnih kolivan’ [Control of parameters of output signals of the generators of chaotic oscillations]. Proceedings of the XIII all-Ukrainian scientific-practical conference of students, postgraduates and young scientists «Theoretical and applied problems of physics, mathematics and Informatics». (2015). Kyiv: NTUU «KPI» Publ. Pp. 184-186 (In Ukrainian).
18. Politans’kyy R.L., Shpatar P.M., Hres A.V., Verigha A.D. Data transmission system with encryption by chaotic sequences. (2014). Tekhnologiya i Konstruirovanie v Elektronnoi Apparature. No. 2-3. Pp. 28-32 (In Russian).
Information about authors:
Aleksei A. Gavrishev, Ph. D. Student, North-Caucasus Federal University, Stavropol, Russia
Aleksandr P. Zhuk, Ph. D., professor, North-Caucasus Federal University, Stavropol, Russia