COMPRESSION AND RESTORATION OF TRANSPORT VIDEO INFORRMATION ON THE BASIS OF ADAPTIVE THREE-DIMENSIONAL COSINE TRANSFORMATION
Hasan Yazeed A., Saint Petersburg Electrotechnical University «LETI», St. Petersburg, Russia, Midocom@mail.ru
Ryzhov Nikolai G., Saint Petersburg Electrotechnical University «LETI», St. Petersburg, Russia, email@example.com
Sokolov Yuri M., Saint Petersburg Electrotechnical University «LETI», St. Petersburg, Russia, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fahmi Shakeeb S., Solomenko Institute of Transport Problems of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
Saint Petersburg Electrotechnical University «LETI», St. Petersburg, Russia, email@example.com
The method of compression and restoration of transport video information obtained from various surveillance cameras in transport, based on the use of adaptive three-dimensional discrete cosine transformation. Encoding and decoding of video sequences, as a rule, pursues two goals: to reduce the spatial redundancy between image elements taking into account intra-frame correlation and temporal redundancy between successive frames taking into account inter-frame correlation. At the same time, all known video codecs (H. 26-x and MPEG-x) to reduce time redundancy, the principle of predicting and compensating the motion of interpolated sample positions in the reference frame is used. The proposed method is based on the use of adaptive cosine transformation in the signal space and time, and is characterized by arbitrary cube sizes depending on the spatial and temporal statistical characteristics of the image signal. The results show that the proposed algorithm can improve the efficiency of compression and recovery of video information, taking into account the specifics of transport subjects. High performance is achieved at low and medium traffic. In this case, the computational complexity of the algorithm is reduced by more than 6 times while maintaining the quality of the restored video streams compared to standard codecs. The proposed algorithms based on the adaptive cosine transformation allow: first, to reduce the transmission speed of transport video sequences by 2-2.5 times compared to the classical cosine transformation with the size of cubes (8 8 8). Secondly, significantly reducing the computational cost of the implementation of transport video surveillance systems in real time compared to standard codecs. The results of the work can be recommended to specialists in the field of encoding and decoding of video information to provide the necessary transmission speed at a given level of distortion. The results of testing the algorithm and a comparative analysis of the proposed method with the known methods MPEG2 and MPEG4.
Keywords: сompression, reconstruction, quantization, three-dimensional cosine transform, the transport of video information, the adaptive scanning.
1. Gonzalez R.C. and Woods R.E. (2008). Digital Image Processing, 3rd ed. Upper Saddle River, N.J: Prentice Hall, pp. 547-635.
2. Sayood K. (2006). Introduction to Data Compression, 3rd ed. Amsterdam, Boston: Elsevier, pp. 6-10.
3. Kryukov M.S. Fahmi S.S. etc. (2019). Methods, algorithms of coding and classification of images of sea vessels. Marine intelligent technologies. No. 1 (43). Vol. 3, pp. 145-155.
4. Richardson Ian. Video coding. H. 264 and MPEG-4 — new generation standards. Moscow: Technosphere, 2005. 368 p.
5. Fahmi sh. S., Zubakin I. A. (2010). Adaptive algorithm of video information coding based on three-dimensional discrete cosine transformation. Izv. University of Russia. Ser. Radionics. Issue. 1, pp. 49-54.
6. Fahmi S. S., Ibatullin S. M. et al. Patent RF № 2375838. Method of encoding and decoding video based on three-dimensional discrete cosine transformation. Pub. 10.12. 2009, B. I. № 34.
7. Wallace G.K. (1992). The JPEG still picture compression standard. IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 18-34, Feb. 1992.
8. Sikora T. (1997). MPEG digital video-coding standards. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 82-100, Sep. 1997.
9. Mulla A. Baviskar J., Baviskar A., and Warty C. (2014). Image compression scheme based on zig-zag 3D-DCT and LDPC coding. Proc. International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics, pp. 2380-2384.
10. Fahmi Sh.S., Almagro M.M., Sokolov Yu.M., Bobrowski A.I., Eid, M.M., Salem A. (2016). Precision, speed and complexity of the device coding of images using control points. Scientific and technical journal of information technologies, mechanics and optics. Vol. 16. No. 4, pp. 678-689.
11. Fahmi Sh. S., Almagro M., Salem, A., Bobrovsky A. I., Eid, M. M. (2016). An Information measure of the quality of encoders at the pivot points. Questions of radio electronics, ser. Television engineering, vol. 3, pp. 86-91.
12. Moiseev N.N. (1981). Mathematical problems of system analysis. Moscow: Science. 488 p.
13. Levin B.R., Schwartz V. (1985). Probabilistic models and methods in communication and control systems. Moscow: Radio and communication. 312 p.
14. Methods of computer image processing. Edited by V.A. Soifer academic year for Universities. Moscow: FIZMATLIT, 2003, 784 p.
15. Fahmi Sh.S., Sycolin A.K., E.I. Kolesnikov, S.V. (2011). Occur the functionality of the interchange complexity and accuracy of coding systems a continuous signal. Information technology. No. 4, pp. 71-77.
16. Fahmi Sh.S. (2013). The Concept of designing intelligent transport video systems based on the technology «system on a chip». Journal of the University of water communications. Issue. II (XVIII), pp. 79-88.
17. Yeo B., Liu B. (1995). Volume rendering of DCT-based compressed 3D scalar data. IEEE Trans. Visualization and Computer Graphics 1 (1), 29-43.
18. Lee M., Chan R., Adjeroh D. (1997). Quantization of 3D-DCT coe_cients and scan order for video compression, J. Vis. Commun. Image Represent. 8 (4), 405-422.
19. Lee M.C., Chan K.W., Adjeroh D.A. (1997). Quantization of 3D-DCT coefficients and Scan Order for Video Compression. Journal of visual communication and image representation, Vol. 8. No. 4, Dec, pp. 405-422.
20. Bozinovic N., Konrad J. (2003). Scan order and quantization for 3D- DCT coding. S&T/SPIE Symposium on Image and Video Communications and Proc., Jul. 8-11, 2003.
21. Mehanna A., Aggoun A., Abdulfatah O., Swash M.R., and Tsekleves E. (2013). Adaptive 3D-DCT based compression algorithms for integral images. Broadband Multimedia Systems and Broadcasting, pp. 1-5.
22. Priyadarshini K.S. and Sharvani G.S. (2015). A survey on parallel computing of image compression algorithms. Proc. International Conference, Computational Systems for Health & Sustainability, April 2015, pp. 178-183.
Information about authors:
Yazeed A. Hasan, postgraduate of Computer Aided Design, Saint Petersburg Electrotechnical University «LETI», St. Petersburg, Russia
Nikolai G. Ryzhov, PhD, Associate Professor, head of Computer Aided Design, Saint Petersburg Electrotechnical University «LETI», St. Petersburg, Russia
Yuri M. Sokolov, PhD, Associate Professor of Computer Aided Design, Saint Petersburg Electrotechnical University «LETI», St. Petersburg, Russia
Shakeeb S.Fahmi, Dr.Tech.Sc, docent, Leading researcher, Solomenko Institute of Transport Problems of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
Professor of Department of Computer Aided Design Saint Petersburg Electrotechnical University «LETI», St. Petersburg, Russia