IMPROVING THE STABILITY OF DATA TRANSMISSION FOR IOT USING THE LSB METHOD IN COMBINATION WITH THE GENETIC ALGORITHM
Dmitry S. Zaichenko, Moscow technical University of communications and Informatics, Moscow, Russia, firstname.lastname@example.org
Irina S. Sineva, Moscow technical University of communications and Informatics, Moscow, Russia, email@example.com
IoT is a new world for connecting object space in the real world with virtual space in a computer environment. To build IoT as an effective service platform, end users need to trust the system. With the growing quantity of information and communication technologies, the need to ensure information security and improve data security is increasing. One of the potential solutions for this are steganographic methods. Steganography based on the least significant bit (LSB) is a popular and widely used method in the spatial domain. The usual methods used in LSB-based steganography are mainly focused on increasing the capacity of embedded information and stealthiness, while the security issue still needs to be addressed, because the LSB attachment is vulnerable to several common data attacks, such as additive attack of white Gaussian noise (AWGN), geometric attacks and others. The proposed work provides an innovative approach to increasing the latent data transfer in the system. Secret information is preliminarily processed using a modified genetic algorithm. This process increases the security of information, because the data cannot be deciphered without knowing the display rule and the private key. Encoded with the help of a genetic algorithm, the bitstream is embedded in the image using the classic LSB algorithm. The proposed method was tested on different images. In addition, the classic LSB methods have also been tested on the same images. It was noted that the proposed method increased the stability of stego-images to attacks due to encryption. In addition, the peak signal-to-noise ratio (PSNR) in stego-images was not increased. Accordingly, the proposed method increased the stability of stego-images.
Keywords: genetic algorithm, anti-jamming coding, steganography, least significant bit method, IoT.
1. Adzhemov A.S., Sineva, I.S., (2000). Genetic algorithms for effective coding of messages specified on an arbitrary metric space. Moscow, MTUSI, pp. 98-99.
2. Fenchuk, M.M., Batalov, A.E., Sineva, I.S., (2014). Comparative noise immunity of gray codes and genetic type algorithms. Fundamental problems of radio-electronic instrument-making, Vol. 14. No. 5, pp. 44-47.
3. Fenchuk, M.M., Bott, A.V., Sineva, I.S., (2016). Pre-coding of genetic type for random and deterministic message source spaces. T-Comm. Vol. 10. No. 10, pp. 60-65.
4. Fenchuk, M.M., Sineva, I.S., (2014). Analysis of genetic coding noise immunity using cyclic redundant code. T-Comm. Vol. 8. No. 11, pp. 108-112.
5. Fenchuk, M.M., Sineva, I.S., (2015). Optimization of the genetic algorithm of source coding of messages. T-Comm. Vol. 9. No. 7, pp. 74-79.
6. Yakovlev, D.A., Sineva, I.S., (2014). Application of parallel calculations in genetic search algorithms. Fundamental problems of radio electronic equipment. Vol. 14. No. 5, pp. 214-219.
7. Batalov, A.E., Sineva, I.S., (2014). Optimization of the genetic coding algorithm of the message source. T-Comm. Vol. 8. No. 12, pp. 6-9.
8. Batalov, A.E., Sineva, I.S., (2015). Genetic coding algorithms for different source space configurations. T-Comm. Vol. 9. No. 7, pp. 53-59.
9. Batalov, A.E., Sineva, I.S., (2015). A comparative analysis of the antijamming properties of genetic algorithms bezizbezhno coding for klasterizatsiya spaces source. T-Comm. No. 1, pp. 68-74.
10. Zaichenko, D.S., Sineva, I.S., (2017). Genetic algorithms in problems of error-correcting coding. Proceedings of the North Caucasus branch of the Moscow technical University of communications and Informatics, pp. 400-414.
11. Zaichenko, D.S., Sineva, I.S., (2017). The use of genetic algorithms to improve the noise immunity of message transmission. Telecommunications and information technology. Vol. 4. No.1, pp. 100-104.
12. Zaichenko D. S., Sineva, I.S., (2017). Use of digital watermarks for graphic information exchange in M2M systems by means of R. Proceedings of the x international stud electronic scientific conference «Student scientific forum», Moscow.
13. Zaichenko D. S., Sineva, I.S., (2016). Exploration data analysis in R environment. Telecommunication and information technologies. Vol. 3. No. 2, pp. 31-36.
14. Zaichenko D. S., Sineva, I.S., (2017). Application of genetic type algorithms in steganography problems. Fundamental problems of radio-electronic. Vol. 17. No. 4, pp. 1173-1177.
Information about authors:
Dmitry S. Zaichenko, Master, Moscow technical University of communications and Informatics, Moscow, Russia
Irina S. Sineva, Candidate of physical and mathematical Sciences, associate Professor, Moscow technical University of communications and Informatics, Moscow, Russia