A NEW GENERATION OF CONTROLLED OPTIC SWITCH
Mehman Huseyn Hasanov, Azerbaijan Technical University, Baku, Azerbaijan,
Nadir Bafadin Agayev, Azerbaijan Technical University, Baku, Azerbaijan,
Nadir Arzu Atayev, Azerkocmos» OJSC, Baku, Azerbaijan,
Vali Muxtar Fataliyev, Azerbaijan Technical University, Baku, Azerbaijan,
Optical switches (OS) are widely used for switching optical signals in optical networks. Parameters and technical characteristics of OS include its capacity, number of inputs and outputs, speed of transition from one state to another, optical losses during signal transmission in the channel (value of attenuation coefficient in «on» state) and switching obstacles or switch off (in «off» state) the value of the extinction coefficient) and so on. The article proposes a new design of a new generation 3D switch based on a comparative analysis with other optical switches to create a high-speed and efficient optical transition in optical networks. The working principle of the proposed 3D switch is explained and a new structural block diagram is developed. The efficiency probability of the elements ensuring the stable operation of the proposed optical switch was calculated, calculations were performed in the MATLAB environment, and graphs of the probability of unrejected operation of the device were constructed.
Keywords: optical switch, microelectromechanical systems, 3D switch, control device, micromotor.
- M.H. Hasanov. Photon switch of full optical networks. T-Comm. No. 8. 2019. Vol. 13. P. 47-51.
- Q.S. Gaivorovskaya, A.B. Ryabtsov. Features of the use of optical switches in modern information networks. Applicable Information Models. Sofia. ITHEA, 2011. No. 22. P. 169-181.
- M.H. Hasanov. Multi-channel piezoelectric switch adapter for optical networks. Bulletin of the Azerbaijan Academy of Engineering. Vol. 9. No. 4. 2017. P. 107-113.
- Mehman H. Hasanov, Konul R. Hajiyeva, Shalala F. Godjaeva. Multifunctional adaptive piezoelectric switch of optical channels. T-Comm. Vol. 13. No. 9. 2018.
- Vladimir Makkaveev. Photon switches. Components and Technologies. P. 142-146. No. 2. 2006.
- Е.А. Barabanova. Optical two-stage switching system for processing large volumes of data. Informatics, Computer Engineering and Management. NGTU Scientific Bulletin. Vol. 70. No. 1, 2018. P. 7-18.
- A.V. Ryabtsov. Piezooptic scanning switches. Information Theories and Applications. Vol. 20. No. 3. 2013. P. 295-299.
- E.V. Dzirkal. Assignment and verification of requirements for complex products. Moscow: Radio and communication. 1981. 176 p.
- S.G. Konesev, R.T. Khazieva. Methods of assessment of indicators of reliability of complex components and systems. Modern problems of science and education. 2015. No. 1-1; URL: http://www.science-education.ru/ru/article/view?id=17558.
- Н.А. Severtsev. Theory of reliability of complex systems in development and operation: textbook. allowance for academic bachelor. 2nd ed., Мoscow: Yurait Publishing House, 2018. 435 p. (Series: Bachelor. Academic Course). ISBN 978-5-534-07531-1.
Information about authors:
Mehman Huseyn Hasanov, Candidate of Technical Sciences, PhD, Department of «Telecommunication systems and information security», Azerbaijan Technical University, Baku, Azerbaijan
Nadir Bafadin Agayev, professor, doctor of Technical Sciences, Department of «Engineering mathematics», Azerbaijan Technical University, Baku, Azerbaijan
Nadir Arzu Atayev, «Azerkocmos» OJSC, electronics engineer, Baku, Azerbaijan
Vali Muxtar Fataliyev, Candidate of Technical Sciences, PhD, Department of Technology Transfer, Azerbaijan Technical University, Baku, Azerbaijan